2008 is done and over with. Before moving on I’ll follow David’s example and post my most popular articles in terms of page views.
Here they are:
- The State of Java Build Systems
- Generating DDL Scripts with Maven
- Generating DDL Scripts from JPA Annotations
- Parsing Command Line Options in Shell Scripts
- Controlling Rhythmbox using D-Bus
What’s interesting here is that most of them are HOWTO style articles that got their traffic via search engines and from a few high profile referring sites. The top article is an exception: it’s a rant about build systems for Java that obviously struck a nerve. People submitted it to Reddit and DZone multiple times. It’s a bit sad though that none of my own favorites made it into top 5.
Anyway, this concludes my second year as a blogger. It’s been fun and there’s still a lot of topics I’d like to cover. Thank you for reading and have a happy new year!